Moss Crews Pour 530-plus Truckloads Into New 1010 Brickell Condo Development

April 2, 2016 / Press Release, South Florida

Drivers and clubbers, take note: For about 13 hours starting at 1 a.m. Saturday in the heart of the Brickell Financial District, more than 530 trucks will transport and pour 5600 cubic yards of concrete into the tight space for the massive 1010 Brickell condo project. Moss & Associates construction crews will mastermind this logistical challenge and seek to minimize its effect on the Brickell neighborhood, one of the tightest, most densely-populated urban areas in the nation.

1010 Brickell, a 387-unit, 47-story tower developed by Key International and 13th Floor Investments catacorner from Mary Brickell Village, broke ground in September, with completion scheduled for the first quarter of 2017. The $119-million project will total 968,000 square feet. The architect, The Sieger Suarez Architectural Partnership, has developed more than $10 billion in high-rise residential properties.

To prepare for the big pour, Moss has held four meetings with police and City of Miami officials to minimize the impact on the surrounding neighborhood. According to the plan, the 530-plus trucks will start lining up at 14th Street after midnight Friday, and travel eight at a time with police escorts up Miami Avenue starting at 1 a.m. Saturday, well before Brickell nightlife closes. Construction managers estimate the trucks will arrive and pour the concrete every 1.6 minutes for 12 to 14 straight hours until it is nine feet thick.

“This is certainly one of our company’s biggest pours, and one of the largest in the neighborhood,” said Stephen D. Chang, project executive for Moss. “I cannot think of such a big pour in such a small, dense area surrounded on all sides in South Florida. It is an impressive logistical feat.”

The massive project’s footprint is only 147 by 212 feet, roughly the size of many luxury home lots – with zero setback, surrounded on four sides by 1000 Brickell to the east, 1060 Brickell to the south, the Metromover to the west, and 10th Street to the north.

“We will be pouring in 75 percent of the total site,” Chang said. “The other 25 percent will be for everything else: trucks, four pumps, and crews.” Only SE 10th Street will be closed for traffic, with bus routes rerouted through Saturday. Miami Avenue will remain open, even with the steady truck traffic and police escorts. Metromover will continue to run as normal throughout the pour.

The 1010 Brickell project advertises “insane amenities,” including indoor and outdoor swimming pools; a spa; a two-story Modern Kids’ Gymnasium; two bowling lanes; basketball, tennis, and squash courts; a bocce ball court; the two-story, glass-encased “Club at 1010,” with a gym and fitness center; and much else. Features on the 47th-floor rooftop will include a large swimming pool; a glass-enclosed Jacuzzi overlooking Biscayne Bay and Miami’s skyline; a covered outdoor bar; and an outdoor movie theater with a retractable ceiling. The tower will also offer an executive business center.

About Moss

Moss & Associates ( is a leading privately-held construction firm headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. With 12 regional offices in six states from Hawaii to Florida, Moss focuses on construction management at-risk, design-build, and public-private partnerships. The company’s diverse portfolio encompasses a wide range of sectors, including luxury high-rise residential, landmark mixed-use developments, hospitality, primary and higher education, justice and solar energy. Moss prides itself on a strong entrepreneurial culture that honors safety, quality, client engagement, and employee development. Its employees consistently rank Moss as one of the best places to work for career satisfaction.


Share our post: